Contract type: Permanent
Working hours: Full time
Further queries on the content of the role may be directed to Zoe Hull on 0191 584 3112 or email@example.com.
Systems and Processes
- To ensure that systems are in place that delivers compliance across the Trust’s activities, including but not restricted to – Health and Safety, Risk Management, Data Protection, Safeguarding and the requirements of the Charity Commission.
- Maintain a buildings register to ensure that planned maintenance and cleaning schedules are carried out.
- Maintain a contracts register to ensure that service contracts are regularly reviewed and provide value and quality.
- To coordinate servicing and maintenance of pool vehicles and other equipment.
- To administer training records and coordinate training activity across the organisation.
Health and Safety
- To administer fire safety measures and ensure core staff training is up to date and relevant.
- Administer the health and safety risk management system.
- Administer the safeguarding risk management system, ensuring that policy and procedures are up to date and safeguarding issues are recorded and reported appropriately.
- Administer environmental improvement processes and data collection to ensure that Investors in the Environment accreditation is achieved and retained.
- To act as minutes secretary for the Board of Trustees, coordinating meetings, sending agendas and relevant documentation and arranging hospitality.
- To coordinate meetings of the sub-committees of the Board and to take minutes.
- Ensure that legislative requirements and filings at both Companies House and the Charity Commission are carried out on time.
- To administer HR systems, supporting HR policy reviews and compliance.
- To support embedding Office 365 and the adaptation to cloud-based systems into ways of working across the organisation.
- Undertake any other duties as agreed by the line manager
- The post holder is required to have an HND/NVQ4 in Business Administration or equivalent with at least 3 years experience of administrative services, ideally in a similar-sized organisation.
- Significant administrative experience including developing, implementing and maintaining office systems and handling sensitive information.
- Advanced IT – with a strong knowledge of Office 365 (will be tested as part of the recruitment process)
- The post holder will have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate both orally and in writing to contractors, service providers, volunteers, members of the public, colleagues and other partners.
- Effective communication skills – excellent verbal, written and listening skills.
- Ability to think logically, analytically and laterally in order to develop solutions.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, including the ability to work quickly and accurately and prioritise workloads in the face of competing
Full Time 37.5 hours per week
Based at Durham Wildlife Trust’s Head Office: Rainton Meadows, Houghton-le-Spring, DH4 6PU. Currently, home working may be required.
We are inclusive employers and actively seek applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Application by CV and Covering Letter.
Please return your CV and covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9am Monday 13th September 2021