About this Event
Our team of archaeologists is investigating the ruins of an unusual Roman town at East Park, on the outskirts of Sedgefield.
In this virtual tour, Ginny will take you on a walk around the dig site. You’ll get to see archaeologists unearthing ancient artefacts, experience what it’s actually like to be on a dig, and speak to the archaeologists themselves. You’ll also get to:
- Hear a brief history of Roman Sedgefield
- Learn about the site’s fascinating connection with Hadrian’s Wall
- See the latest discoveries
- Find out what we think was happening on this site 2,000 years ago
- Ask questions to the archaeologists!
While you wait for the tour to begin, you can follow our team’s progress live on the Dig Timeline.
Will I be able to watch the tour afterwards?
Yes, we’ll share a recording of the tour afterwards with everyone who registered.
About this dig site
It’s being made possible with the support of the National Lottery Heritage Fund, Dig Ventures, Durham County Council’s Archaeology Section, and Durham Wildlife Trust.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER