This online course is a Virtual DigCamp for all the youngsters who want to be an archaeologist when they grow up!
Love history? Want to learn how to uncover the past? DigVentures is here to show you how! This brand-new online course is taught by real archaeologists, with help from Rosie, the Junior Archaeologist
About this course
In this course, you will:
- Find out what archaeology is, and what archaeology isn’t
- ‘Visit’ some of the most famous archaeological sites in the world
- ‘Meet’ some of our favourite archaeologists
- Learn to spot the archaeology that’s hidden all around you
- Find out how archaeologists know where to look
- Learn to dig (and what to do before you start)
- See what archaeologists do when they find something
How does it work?
This online course (or ‘Virtual Fieldschool’) is made up of five chapters, over five weeks. Each week, we’ll send you an email inviting you to start the new chapter. You can do each chapter in bite-sized chunks, or you can storm ahead and do it in one whopper weekend sitting – whichever you prefer!
At the end of each chapter, you’ll be able to prove your newfound knowledge in a quick quiz. And when you finish the course, there’ll be a certificate waiting for you.
Need to take a break? That’s ok too. You’ll continue to have access to the course until 31 August 2020, so you can complete it at your own pace.
You can follow our team’s progress live on the Dig Timeline.